Monday, March 24, 2008

Views From the Taxi

Since I spend about 2 hours of my life each day riding in the back of a taxi, I thought it might be a good idea to start taking my camera with me. Yesterday (Easter Sunday) was a sunny and clear day, and today looks to be just a clear and sunny with high winds though.

So I was able to snap a few photos of some of the things that I see from the back of the cab:



These first two were of a couple of Temples that we passed on the way to the Champagne Brunch yesterday. I'm not sure what they are temples for, but I just thought that they helped to show some more examples of the contrast between modern and historic that is so prevalent in this city.




















The next 2 photos I was able to snap on my way into work this morning:

This is the Olympic Stadium. Depending on traffic, and which route the cab driver decides to take, I go past this structure either on my way to or from work.






This is just another example of the competitive architectural game that is being played out all over the city. I'm not sure exactly what the shape would be called, or what the name of the building is, but you have to admit it is pretty interesting.
I never know what I'll see on the way home, but I'll have my camera with me and I'll try to capture it on film (well I guess technically it's not film, but is a stored electrical charge that can be converted into a digitally formatted image that can then be uploaded and viewed!).
Oh and Lightnin to your earlier question: I finally caught a glimpse of the gas prices here yesterday too. It looks like they are around 5.50 RMB per liter, which would convert to about $3.14 USD/gallon.

No comments: