Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lucky Street




This is a place called "Lucky Street". I passed it on the way to the park. It's about a 5 minute walk from my place. It's a row of international restaurants and pastry shops.








This is the German Bakery where I can get a Cappuccino on the weekends.












There was also a Thai place there that I decided to stop at for lunch today (sorry no photo, yet). I had Tham Kau Kai (spicy chicken coconut soup), Chrystal Noodle Salad, and Chicken & Black Peppercorns. The good thing about this place was you had a little bit of a choice as to how hot you want the food. Knowing they have a lot more tolerance than I'm even used to, I asked for mine to be a little spicy, but not too hot. It came out perfect, just spicy enough to make my head sweat and my nose run, but not so hot that you lose a layer of skin off your tongue!

The soup is sort of a sweet & sour mixture of lime juice and coconut milk, with chicken, mushrooms, onion, little red Thai chili's (diced), and lemon grass. The Noodle Salad was mixture of clear rice noodles, shrimp, peanuts, a bunch of those Thai chili's (minced), thin strips of carrots and tomatoes, and scallions with a tangy lime juice dressing. The Chicken with Black Peppercorns was chicken with different veggies in a brown sauce, with of course black peppercorns scattered throughout.

I'm definitely taking Lightnin there for at least one meal!

No comments: