Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just A Walk In The Park

This past Friday I finally felt as though I had shaken off my jet lag. For the past week I had been living in this sort of foggy state between awake and asleep, but never really being either one. So to celebrate a few of my new friends took me out to dinner and then to see a band that they knew. It was a fun evening and really good band (there'll be more about the band on another post).
I was planning to go shopping yesterday (Saturday) I needed to get a coffee pot, coffee grinder, mixing bowls, and some groceries, but the sun was out and the air was so clear that I cut the shopping trip short with the first store getting the coffee pot and mixing bowls. Because when the air is clear, the sun is out, and it's 60F in Beijing, you get outside and enjoy it. So I did just that!


I decided to visit one of the city parks that was in walking distance from my apartment. It was definitely a good choice. Spring is starting to show here with the trees budding and blooming. It felt good to get out and stretch my legs and get some sun on my face.








I think this is a Cherry tree blooming on the way to the park. There are Dog Woods here too, but I didn't see any this day












Here's a layout of the park











I sort of felt like I was in Central Park with the view of the sky scrapers beyond the trees.

This was a shrine of some sort, I haven't learned the written word yet so I don't know exactly for sure, but there was some really mello jazz music playing on the speaker on the walk up to this so it really helped put you in a calm, relaxed mood when you go up to it.
This one is for you FC! It seemed to be a monument to rocks! ;-)


I walked myself tired and decided to get back to the apartment to get my laundry done, after all I'll have to finish my shopping on Sunday.




No comments: