Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Two Milestones in 1 Week!

I thought I'd give mention to two major milestones in my life this week:

The first is that today (March 25th) marks my 17th year with the same company, although obviously not in the same location. This is a milestone because for a while there I know that both Lightnin and my Parents would hold their breath when I reached 5 years with a company because that seemed to be about my limit and then I'd move on to the next.

The second is that tomorrow (March 26th) my writings about China will be published in my local newspaper. The editor had approached me with the idea of writing a column for the paper when he heard that I was going to be taking this adventure. I sent him a few of my writings and he liked them! This could be the start of something, but we'll just have to see.

Mom, Dad, and Lightnin you can all breath easy I'm not quiting my "day job" yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, that's great about the newspaper column. Good idea. Hope you have a great week... yours is closer to done than ours. Dave

Anonymous said...

congradulation one step closer to florida!! driving to terre haute this week end looking foward to it. getting the little car out today get the juces flowing S T E B

Thunder said...

Davie - Yea man, livin' for the weekend! The days seem to pass faster here, not sure if that's just because my brain is still on sensory overload or what.

STEB - Hey thanks for getting her out and running her a bit. You see why I've picked up a few tickets though huh?