Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

It's Easter Sunday even in Beijing!


Today I went to a Champagne brunch with a mix of locals and Ex-pat's, it was a blast! The food was great and the conversation was even better.


The food was a mix of everything you can think of, including: sushi, shushimi, grilled lamb, roast duck, and even BBQ'd beef brisket (which made me a bit homesick for good old KC BBQ!). The drink was a mix of some of the best champagnes: Vuve Clicquot, Moet & Chandon, Mumm, and Laurent-Perrier.








He chooses!
















He strikes!


We had a mix of folks from China, France, Ireland, and the US (New York, Ohio, and California). It was a great day that was made even better by the clear skies, bright sunshine, and a bit of humidity. It's usually only about 10% humidity at best, but today it was up to 20% and you could actually feel the difference. You spend a lot of time doing skin protection and repair in the mornings and evenings because the air is so dry. I'm guessing it's about the same as living in the US southwest, like say Nevada or Arizona.

I hope you all have a happy Easter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are walking some of that off. Happy Easter! jaf

Anonymous said...

Honey-
I sure wish I were there! Butthat time is gonna be here before we even know it! I find out tomorrow if I filled out all my paperwork correctly. CIBT should be getting by tomorrow morning. Happy Easter babe!
Love,
Lightnin

Thunder said...

JaF - Yep, I'm getting in a quite a bit of walking. I get enough taxi time just going to and from work, so if some place is within a mile or so of my apartment I'll usually walk it instead! I've already dropped 6kg (13lbs), and am hoping to drop about 10kg more by the end of the year.

Lightnin - I know, 4 weeks to go and counting!