Sunday, March 02, 2008

Next Stop Beijing!



Yep, I've got my currency and my walkin' papers, so in a about 45 hours I'll board the plane to Beijing!

The time has finally arrived and now starts the slow count down. I've spent the last few hours saying good bye to my friends around here and I'll be spending the next few hours running down the list of what to pack. I know whatever I forget I can have Lightnin bring with her when she comes over to visit, but some things I'll need from day one! Things that we usually take for granted that won't be easy to come by over there.

I do have to admit that I'll take a break from the packing and run the little car around one last time before I put her away! The sun's out and it's supposed to get up to around 60F tomorrow. The road's calling me and I need to get it out of my system because I won't be driving for the next year! A small price to pay for the adventure that lies ahead.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats LiL Bro, I know your'e going to have a great experience. Have a good time cruising tomorrow, I'd pull my top off, but not enough time to enjoy it just yet. Take care and I'll catch you on the flip flop.

Anonymous said...

Viel Erfolg im neuen Berufe, jaf

Jacki said...

Wow, what an adventure! Best of luck to you! I'll miss your barbeque posts (maybe Lightin will continue to share?), but hopefully you can post some pictures and keep us up to date on your adventures!

Thunder said...

Brother J - Thanks, still packing and then I'll play a bit.

JaF - Nihao ma? Wo hen hao, xia xia!

Jacki - I'm planning to post more often while I'm over there!

Anonymous said...

smart ass jaf