Wednesday, March 05, 2008

More Pics of the New Dwelling and My First Meal

Well, I was going to try to get more pics on here.
I'll keep trying and see what I can do. Until the photos show up just use your imagination! ;-)









Here's the bathroom






The bedroom, sorry Lightnin, but I hadn't made the bed yet






Here's a couple of views from my balcony


I don't know if you can see it too clearly, but the third building from the left is the same "clock tower" that I could see from my hotel the first time I was here. I actually live within about a 5 minute walk from there.




And here's my first meal cooked in my new place: Curly pasta with a sort of marinara sauce. I'm already seeing the struggles I'm going to have finding my normal ingredients for stuff. Things like olive oil, fresh basil, etc., but hey that's what's going to keep it interesting!
I still haven't heard anything from the airline as to the whereabouts of my luggage, but I actually go into the office tomorrow. I was at least clever enough to pack some clothes in my carry on, but I hope they don't mind a "casual Thursday" by me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Babe- Looks like really nice digs! Now if you only had something to put in your closets!?! I'll try to work with the BS Airlines today, okay Baabby?Talk to you later and happy you're getting settled in!
Lightnin

Anonymous said...

Hi David,
Cool pictures. Being the observant person that I am I noticed a problem, actually there are two that you need to talk Lightnin about. Hope you are having a good time. Eve

Anonymous said...

kmifawpHey lIL Bro,looks alright. They seem to have got you set up in style. As for your luggage, just remember that things could be turned around. It's best that you arrived, other things can be replaced. But they will probably show up soon. If you get the munchies, you can always hit up a street vendor for some good old fashioned deep fried scorpions. Take care,and do try to pry your self away to enjoy the culture. Ha,HA.

R.Powers said...

Keep an eye out for that Zimmerman guy.

Thunder said...

Lightnin - At least I didn't fly on MidWest BS Airlines, eh Bahby!
;-)

Eve - Nice to hear from you, Yea, Lightnin pointed it out, but you have to remember I've had 10 hours of sleep in 4 days and that's not in a row!

Brother J - I hear ya! I'm set up with some pretty good folks that are going to show me around, they just know that I need to get switched over to this time zone before they take me there!

FC - I know, I just hope he waits until I'm adjusted before he crosses my path! ;-)