Thursday, March 06, 2008

Sunset and Sunrise from the Balcony




Yesterday was a beautiful clear day, and I was able to get back home (wow, I'm already calling my apartment home!) just in time to catch a spectacular sunset!

This is a much better view of the "Clock Tower" that I spoke off in my earlier post.









As you can see from this photo my balcony faces directly west, so as I took this photo the sun was about an hour from rising in New York.
(think about that one for a minute!).

If you look just to the right of the tall building that the sun is sinking behind you can actually see the mountains in the background.





I was able to grab this shot this morning while drinking a cup of coffee. The sun was rising behind me and reflecting off of the same building as above.









STEB - It's funny that this apartment was my only choice because the other properties where my company places expatriates were already full, but I think that you'll agree that since the sun rises directly on my front door (where there is no view) and sets directly on my balcony that this was meant to be!

Tomorrow will be my first weekend here and it's supposed to be cloudy, but in the 60's (F).
My new friend, and partner on my project, is taking me out shopping for all my kitchen necessities and then I'm having the other expat's over for some curry! This should be the true test of my abilities because most of them have had the opportunity to sample the real deal and are unofficially qualified judges of the cuisine. I'm going to give it my best shot!

I think the hardest part will be trying to keep the conversation away from work!!! ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well LIL B, sounds like your'e settling in just fine. That was a nice sunset. Just colder then you know what here again. But that's life in missouri for ya. Have a good weekend,and try not to show off too much! Catch ya later.

Anonymous said...

Thunder-
I'm coming to live there! Just let me sell the house and all of your stuff (LOL) and I'll be right over! Oh yea that's right I don't have a passport! Guess this trip will have to wait. Miss ya--
Love,
Lightnin

Anonymous said...

thunder as you stood in the north east corner and joe gave in you strickley incharge to act and walk as such.hopefuley you will notice alot more as you walk around the country side.rember brotherly love,relief and truth. stay out harmes way.at this moment i am looking at lady jumping around in snow up to her belley and trying to stay warm S T E B

Thunder said...

Brother J - Getting my luggage and actually getting some sleep definitely helped!

TJ - Anything except the car and the brewing equipment is fair game for the sale, come on over. Everyone here is excited to meet you!

STEB - So mode it be! I You've got to e-mail a pictue of her jumping in the snow!!!