Monday, March 31, 2008

A Sunny Day in the Part

The weather was so nice yesterday that I decided to go back to Chao Yang park and see how spring was progressing. It looks like it's coming along nicely! I spent about 2-3 hours wandering around the park, I sort of lost track of time so I don't know for sure. So I thought I'd share a few of the sites along my walk.










Look, up in the sky, it's a Bird, it's a Plane, no it's a Carp?
I took this one for you Lightnin! there was a pretty constant breeze so a lot of folks were out flying kites, this was the only shot that turned out decent though.









OK we have fish swimming in the air and Flying Saucers in the water. I'm thinking: "Only in Beijing.


















There's a nice walk along a canal that connects the lakes. They have boats for rent so that you can tour the park via water. Here's a couple bridges that I walked over.



















Cherry Blossoms!
































Not sure what these are, but they were really large flowers; about the size of a Magnolia.




























Just another view of one of the lakes.















It was a gorgeous day and it felt good to get out ans stretch my legs and get some sun!
That night I fixed dinner for a couple of my new friends. We got so busy talking that we forgot to snap any photos though. :-(
I'm going to go to the Great Wall for the first time with them this Friday though, so I'll be sure to get some photos then!

1 comment:

R.Powers said...

Probably a saucer magnolia.