Thursday, August 09, 2007

Road Trip: Preparations - The best laid plans....


I had hoped to post a few pictures of me getting my sweet little two seater ready for a fun road trip, but you know what happens when you wash your car!
At least the weather changed before I wasted my time!
The least I can do is offer up this older photo of her when she was looking good!
She's the sexy little grey number next to the red 'Vette. That's me (in the boonie) talking to the owner/restoration-artist of the powerful full-scale version of mine.
I still remember that day............. We talked and traided compliments: "Whoa, what's that?", he asks. "A Solstice", I return. "Is that one your's?", I ask. "It's in perfect shape", I add. "Yep, restored her myself!", he proudly states. "Nice", I say and banter a bit: "Well you know your's has the muscle and mine's the toy version, but mine might have it the curves". "I bet she does", he continues, "sort of like a Go-cart on Steroids isn't it?" We both have a bit of a laugh, and decide to come in out of the heat and enjoy a cold one!
Go-cart on Steroids, hmmm, that's actually pretty accurate! I'm guessing we'll find out this weekend! The "Tail of the Dragon" is a section of US-129 in North Carolina, just across the Tennesee state line, with 318 turns in 11 miles. Oh, and it's on the side of a mountain!
Did I mention that I'm not going alone? Nope, my good buddy FC (http://www.pureflorida.blogspot.com/) is flying in tomorrow afternoon to join me on this quest for the open road.
We'll be joining up with at least 30 other Solstice or Sky owners for a get-together at the Fantana Lodge, and running the Dragon over the weekend. From there we'll head southward back to his homestead, where I'm hoping to find our (Lightnin's and mine) little slice of heaven too!
By the way FC I took the high road here and didn't post any forbidden scenes of lunacy from our misguided youth (Ok, it really wasn't that misguided!), however, the trip ain't over yet and we may see some evidence of a misguided adulthood before it's all said and done! If I can just figure out how to hide my laptop in the shoebox of a trunk that we've got I may be able to post while we're on the road, and you know you've got to sleep sometime! ;-)
To Be Continued:..............


No comments: