Thursday, August 23, 2007

Back to Work

I started back to work on Monday, so I really don't have much to report since I've been playing catch-up with the the daily grind! After 10 days off it's been hard to get back into the swing of things!

My hops are so dried out that I think I can sell them for straw (they don't even rate a photo, can you believe that!). The rain just keeps passing us up, either going North or East of us. We get to see the thunder-boomers building up, but they move over us before they dump the much needed moisture.

The last set of storms blew North of us and dumped a ton of rain in that part of Ohio. I-75 is currently closed just North of Dayton and they think it's going to be a few more days before the water recedes enough to open it back up!

Well that's all I've got for today. Hopefully we'll have something more blog-worthy to report this coming weekend.

2 comments:

Deb said...

We've had some major drought here too. Too bad about the hops. I grew hops for a couple of years back at our first home in Minnesota, and they did pretty well. Can't remember the variety, but I know they ended up taking over part of my garden.

I found some wild hops two years ago, while on a river adventure similar to the one I posted about recently. I had never seen them growing anywhere in Minnesota like they did there. Some farmer some time ago must have planted them nearby. They sure smelled good!

Thunder said...

Deb - yep it's a bummer, but I did get one harvest off of them first. You should smell the house when I'm drying them! Lightnin's a true hop head, I'm more of a malt lover myself.