Thursday, August 16, 2007

Road Trip - Day 6 (Goofing off Continued)

When I posted last I wasn't able to tell you how I goofed off because it hadn't happened yet, so here's the rest of that story:

After I left the coffee shop, Mrs. FC called to let me know she was taking off at noon and that I should come to where she works and we would head for Gainesville to see the Megaladon exhibit (A huge extinct, prehistoric shark), and the Butterfly Garden. I thought "OK that sounds like fun!", I'm easily entertained and that would offer not only fun but a chance to learn something too!

Well, we stopped for lunch and when we went to leave the little key fob thingy for my car wouldn't work to unlock the car and disable the alarm. So much for site seeing! We headed for the nearest GM dealer to see if they could help. They couldn't do much without both of the remote entry key fobs, and since Lightnin had the other one back in Cincy we were pretty much out of luck. So with a bummer of a feeling hanging over me we decided it would be best to head to the store to get what we needed and head back to the PF HQ before the car decided to do anything else odd.

This wasn't all bad though because Mrs. FC and I had a chance to visit again after all these years. You see I knew her before she was Mrs. FC. When I first moved to UWF, I was fortunate enough to meet up with FC, and he and I became fast friends. He graduated and moved on to make his mark in the world, I transferring from a university in Kansas, had to make up for credits that wouldn't transfer so I was still there for awhile. Well during the time that he was gone the future Mrs. FC came to school. She and I met and immediately had a strong brother/sister relationship, honestly we both seemed to feel that we had known each other all our lives and sort of helped to watch each other's backs.

Anyway FC, having had a taste of the "real world" decided to come back and complete his Masters at UWF and asked if I would be his roommate. Of course I was happy to accept, we'd had so much fun before and besides he needed to meet my new friend!

I'm a bit fuzzy on all the details, but I think there was a small get together in the common area (hey we're no dummies and stayed in the coed dorm where the boys and girls were separated by a small lobby used as sort of a DMZ). Anyway this really cute blond comes over and starts talking to me, FC's eyes were popping out of his head so I introduced my two good friends. I'm pretty sure it was love at first sight on both sides. The rest is pretty much history.

I'm just trying to figure out who owes me for connected them with the best person they could ever meet, and who I owe for sticking them with the other one! I'll let them be the judge of that! ;-) None the less I gained two good friendships that I am lucky enough to be able to reconnect with by visiting one home!

No comments: