Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Road Trip - Day 5 (Shopping for land)

Yesterday morning was a repeat of the day before. I had every intention of sleeping in and then putsing around town, but the combination of my internal alarm clock and FC's Rooster's were there to make sure I got up with the sun.

I wasn't going to meet with the realtor until 1:00PM so I had the entire morning free. I headed into town to the coffee shop where I could get hooked up on the wireless access to blog yesterday's post (Same as I am right now). Then I washed the lime rock road spray off of the roadster before it had a chance to eat through the clear coat, and headed to "Super Wally World" to shop for the ingredients to start the marinade for my secret wings recipe. I knew that I needed to get this back to the Pure Florida HQ before FC got home, or he'd most likely put it out into cyberspace for all the world to see (this fear was confirmed by his children, although I won't reveal exactly which of them spoke up first because I depend on them for directions, etc. while FC is at work this week).

After having succeeded in my tasks, I was ready to go out shopping for land. I had an aggressive plan, to whittle down 8 perspective properties to only two in the first day so that Lightnin and I could discuss (Long Distance) and make on offer on the top contender.

With the guidance of the realtor we drove all over the countryside tromping around and checking out every property on my list. Pushing through thick undergrowth, vines, and other assorted vegetation we made it through each piece of land in amazingly quick time. I now had the arduous task of knocking 6 of these off the list. A couple of hours later I'm there, and make the call to Lightnin to have here check them out on-line to see what she thinks.

After a few minutes of discussion, and a few hours of decision making, we picked our favorite plot of land. I call the realtor back and make our offer. The tension builds as we wait for a return call. About an hour later we get the disappointing news that the current owner states his final price, but it's still too high for the property of interest.

Oh well, like I stated earlier my plan was aggressive and this is only the first day. I tell the realtor that we'll just keep looking and maybe we'll be lucky enough to find just the right spot, at the right price!

More Road Trip Ahead..........

No comments: