Saturday, August 11, 2007

Road Trip - Day 2 (What The?)





Let me start by stating that I did most of the difficult driving today, and then turned the wheel over to FC so he could get some practice in with the car before we drive "The Dragon" Tomorrow.





We probably made it about 5 miles when:
"Dave, this road sure has a lot of curves in it, just imagine what the Dragon is going to be like" A worried FC states.


"Hey man we've already passed a couple of Hwy Patrol's, and that dude's taking our picture!" I said. Both in unison: "We're already on it!"
There wasn't much either of us could do at the time, so I pulled out the camera and started snapping pictures! Of course I had to stop to laugh out loud every now and then, typical SNAFU for one of our road trips! FC did a fine job of driving, considering the circumstances, and I'm pretty sure he's capable of driving my car now! ;-)
As you can see I'm a bit more calm, being able to take in the scenery while driving, having put in many more hours with her than FC had a chance to.

Having made it to the lodge, after three trips across the Dragon, we had some time for a cool drink and some scenic photos:
Pablo - I caught him filling up on Unsweetened
FC showing scale to the view from Fontana Village
Me showing "a bit of captain" at Fontana Dam
Oh, and he wasn't after me Lightnin....at least not this time!

No comments: