Monday, August 13, 2007

Road Trip - Day 4 (Internal Alarm Clock)

We blogged late into the night on Saturday night and then planned to sleep in and hit the road back to the "Pure Florida HQ", home for my passenger/ballast for the road trip. Opening my eyes I see that the sun has not risen yet, however that annoying internal alarm clock had sounded off and I was wide awake. I try to be as quiet as possible, sneaking into the bathroom to shower and trying to let FC get some sleep, but when I emerge (clean and fully clothed by the way, I anticipated a snide comment from Lightnin here!) he had awaken too. We loaded up the little roadster and hit the road once again.

We decided to take the back roads rather than the interstate so we could see the scenery and possibly see some of the weird and abnormal points of interest that you can only get on the "road less traveled". We weren't disappointed witnessing both weird and abnormal, but I'm afraid that photos would not have done this story justice and we'll just leave it at that for now!

After a long 12 hr drive we pull into the drive of my good friend's home, safe but not quite sound (same condition we left in). We unpacked and were welcomed by the rest of his family, told a few of our tales from the road and went to bed. FC starts work again tomorrow, but my trip is still in motion. Hopefully I can turn off the IAC and sleep in tomorrow!

More Road Trip ahead.......

No comments: