Sunday, August 05, 2007

Lobsterfest! (in Ohio?)

















I wrote about The Farm in an earlier post (something about cheeseburgers and motorcycles). Well yesterday was the Lobsterfest so of course Lightnin and I couldn't miss that!
It's all about good Food, Fun, Friends, and music.
Yep, that's me displaying one of the star attractions for the day, no silly it's the 1lb lobster I'm holding. They sell tickets to the event in advance so that they can have the lobsters flown in fresh. The 1-1.5 range is actually about the best for eating. Although the 12lb brut that Chris (one of the owner's of the establishment) is holding is pretty impressive!
The mood was set by the Cajun sounds of Robin Lacy and de'zydeco. The music combined with 90F temperatures and 80% humidity, the smell of the boiling seefood, corn, potatoes, etc. almost made me feel like I was back down along the Gulf coast. I open my eyes only to realize I'm still in Ohio.





That's Kate, testing the watermellon to make sure it's ok to serve.





I was able to catch Lightnin clowning around with Chris. You have to be fast to capture her on film.
With our bellies full, a cold beer or two (ok who's counting?) under our belts, and having laughed with our friends while enjoying good music, it was now time to call it a day and roll back home.

No comments: