Friday, August 10, 2007

Road Trip - Day One (still in the "natty")


Using my good friend FC as an excuse to take some time away from work, I ended the week early today to drive to Indy to pick him up from his flight to the great white north.

In an effort to show that the midwest really isn't that bad (maybe it was a feeble attempt to convince myself) I toured him around to some of my favorite spots to introduce him to the foods and sites of the area.

The photo is courtesy of my friend and soon to be passenger on yet another journey. It not only shows my ability to color coordinate with my car, but interestingly enough you can actually see a bit of the Cincinnati skyline in the background. A bit more information is that the bridge in the background is one of only two of this type remaining in use. The other being the Brooklyn Bridge.

I toured him around my town taking about every curvy and/or hilly road I could think of, just to get him prepared for what we were about to get into. I also needed to make sure he wasn't going to freak out on me in such tight spaces, after all he's used to cruising around in a Jeep in the backwoods of Florida!

We leave at dawn! Our plans are to get up and have breakfast with Lightnin and then hit the road. Hopefully you'll tag along with us for the ride and check in to see the story from two different angles!

Oh, by the way, I'm drinking a Belgian Trappist ale named "Dilerium Nocternum" while writing this so if it makes any sense at all it will be amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All-
Lightenin here---I can tell you that when I left this morning there were two little boys in grown men bodies acting like they were headed for their first ever sleep over camp! I'm sure they will have a blast!