Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Lightnin! (belated by a few days)

Well, Lightnin has officially made it past a half century! It actually happened this past Saturday, which makes me happy because I'm now a year younger than she is!

We actually held a much bigger celebration for her a month earlier, on my birthday, by having both of her sister's come into town and going to dinner with them and several of Lightnin's friends. So this past weekend we celebrated rather quietly with just ourselves.


I cooked up a meal at her request, which consisted of Fajita's, Mango Margarita's, Mango Salsa, and Spanish rice.


Yes, in the center of the table is located a USDA Grade A Choice Flank Steak, which was expertly prepared by resting overnight in a Chipotle, Lime, and Tequila marinade. It was then grilled over a mesquite wood fire, allowed to rest for 10 min, and then thinly sliced on the bias (at an angle across the grain) for easier "chewability".

The Mango Magarita's help complement the heat from both the chipotle influence on the meat and the jalepeno in the salsa.

Those of you that know me realize that even though I prepared the meal at Lightnin's request as a special gift, the enjoyment I got out of cooking was probably equal that of her's from eating!

Again, if interested in this or any of the other recipe's that I have shown in my previous posts just let me know.

Salud!

No comments: