Tuesday, April 01, 2008

It's Raining, and I'm Excited!

I'm excited because this is only the second time that it has rained since I've been here. The rain serves several purposes of course: 1) Water the plants, which are trying bloom in the spring; 2) Clean the dust off of everything; 3) Clear some of the particulate matter out of the air; and last but by far not least 4) Add humidity to the air!!!!!!

I think I mentioned before that we've been averaging about 10% humidity here, which is great if you're trying to preserve a mummy, but for living tissue it's not exactly ideal. The last time it rained we got all the way up to 40% humidity, which is about normal for a Cincinnati winter, but this is spring! I swear though that you could actually hear my skin and sinus' saying "Aaaaahhhhh!".

This time it's supposed to rain both today and tomorrow so who knows maybe we'll break a record and hit a whopping 50-60% humidity, and with temperatures around 50-60F, now that would be spring!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea well it's raining here too and I DON'T like it! Got kinda soggy at the game yesterday but your buddy STEB "always be prepared" had really nice heavy duty long rain coats for us. Reds lost but had a good time anyway.
Love,
Lightnin

Thunder said...

Lightnin - Sounds like a good time! It quit raining here about mid morning and then we went through a dust storm on the way home. It's clear, windy, and a bit cooler here today. Back to the low humidity too! My skin was crying "more lotion please!" this morning.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm just waiting for it to stop here and hit the strip down jeep weather. Do they celebrate April 1st over there like we do here?
Brother J

Anonymous said...

Yep, its CB!! A chirping friend came over the house the other day and checked out your "Orange" bike. It is her favorite color. STEB started it up and we were all very impressed! Lightnin' has awesome taste.
Taco

Thunder said...

Brother J - Nope, but we do get Friday the 4th off for Qing Ming (Tomb Sweeping Day). I sent more info to JAF via e-mail. I may blog on it too.

Taco - Next time Lightnin's over there have them fire it up so I can hear it!!!! Tell the Chirpster that I'll be happy to take her for a ride, once I get some practice miles in!

Anonymous said...

Dave,

Just a couple of notes:

First, I'm really enjoying your blog!! Loved the pics of the sunset oh and how can I forget your new love: The Harley! Does she have a name or do you need to meet her first?

Second, Dave,Mark, Jake and I are in Edisto for Spring Break. Loving It even though it's kinda chilly. We went to see the Yorktown Aircraft carrier in Charleston and it was awesome! Went to a great restaurant and wished you and Tami were with us! Beautiful gardens and the restaurant meandered in and out of the gardens. Right now Dave's broiling a grouper and I'm making fresh vegies from George and Pink's. Been thinking a lot about when you and Tami move to Fla. Will be fun (that is if you'll have us! :)

Third, found some Panama Jack suntan lotion that Tami asked me to look for about 15 years ago and I could never find. But now you two are the proud owners of 2 bottles.

Fourth, have you seen "Old Greg" on U-tube? My crazy son Joe showed it to Jenny and now all of our children are obsessed. Kinda in the Monty Python vein... Thought since you have a sick sense of humor you might like it.

Take care,

Little Dark Cloud