Monday, April 07, 2008

More Pictures From The Wall


Lunch Time, and what a spot to stop and eat. We stopped after about an hour on the wall.





This was the group of friends that I tagged along with. A truly international team: 1 American, 2 Dutch, 2 French, and 1 Irish!









A couple of views of what lies ahead!

















I think that in these photos Mongolia is now on the left side and China to the right.

















There was usually a choice to either go down and then back up steps, or perform the balancing act and take the short cut.



















A view from one of the guard stations





















A bit of an up hill climb ahead











Stairway to Heaven???










Half way and I'm still alive!
The smile is from a combination of the statement above, low oxygen from the altitude, and euphoria from the endorphin rush from the pain my body was experiencing from the self induced punishment.
The second half still to come!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos Babe!
Lightnin

Thunder said...

Lightnin - Thanks Sweetie! There's more than what I was able to post, I'll show you when you get here!

Anonymous said...

Awesome adventure, that last shot of you looks like you have droped a few. That would be a walk I would take no matter how long it took to recover. EM me shoots you don't get posted when you get time. Your'e lookin good, for an out of shape old fart!
With Love,
Bro J

Thunder said...

Brother J - Hey I've still got more endurance than most of those young pups. I went out to see a band the following night and they were all too tired!

Cathy said...

I guess the trick is to focus on those endorphins. And FC says congratulations are in order for your new svelte self :0)

What an incredible experience. Keep smiling.

Anonymous said...

Dave and Tami,
Hope you are having as much fun as your pictures look. I got a surprise today I don't have a job anymore!!!!
Scott