Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy Birthday in Beijing

Well today was another great day in Beijing! We were awaken by "House-keeping" (insert best Chinese accent here) at 10:00 AM. Now, these are the same people that haven't been here before 4:00 PM every day since I've been here. Great start right? Thunder cooked a wonderful breakfast and it's time to roll....

Off to the Temple of Heaven. What a beautiful place! Ancient architectures, carved marble structures, gold, cobalt blue and green glazed bricks.




























He's is now dragging my tired a$$ (Remember "housekeeping at 10:00, right?)to Tiananmen Square. This is really impressive! A lot of history here! "Okay, honey, Princess is getting really tired"...."Oh we just go down here a little ways and we'll catch a cab" Yea Right!!! 1400 blocks later (now I know how he's lost all those kilos) and we basically forced our way into a cab.




























Thankfully the driver was willing to take us all the way back home. To our destination...Morels. Today would have been my Daddy's 79th birthday. We used to take the kids to his farm and hunt Morel mushrooms with him on his birthday every year. So, the spelling is different, so what? It's the thought that counts. I got moule frittes (mussels and fries). We had a birthday toast to my dad and then it was time to go.






All in all another great day in Beijing, but still missing my Daddy...Happy Birthday Big O!!!

PS: To my little sister--I guess I didn't read the clock correctly when I called you. I thought it said 6:06 not 16:06! Guess I owe you a big one for that!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic's of the temple, beautiful craftsmanship. Those mussels looked good, but isn't moule a Mexican dish?

Lightnin, did you put in for an extra few days to recoop when you get back? te,he.

Just catch your breath and a keep a goin', really looks like a good time.
love ya guy's,
Bro J

Anonymous said...

Oh,
Lightnin, I know that "Big O" has his "Big Grin On" looking over you.
WE all miss him.
Bro J

R.Powers said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time.

Anonymous said...

steb showed me your blogg and the pictures were great loved them. smokin

Anonymous said...

Bro J---thanks, yea I know Big O would be enjoying the blogs from here.
FC---We are haveing a blast! Surprised you didn't have much to say about the scorpions, LOL!
Smokin---The day was really a lot of fun. Please remind STEB to check on his buddy, the Kitty, to make sure she has water. Talk to you when I get back
Lightnin

Thunder said...

Lightnin - Good job of posting these past couple of times! You should do this more often! ;-)