Tuesday, April 08, 2008

OK, at Lightnin's Request: My Anniversary Gift!

If you recall my St. Paddy's Day post then you know that this is the first year that we have been apart on that special day, I think ever since we've met! Well, it had a pretty big impact on the both of us, more so I think on Lightnin because she went out and bought one hell of a gift for me!

Of course the only problem I have with this is the fact that I'm in China for the next year and only get to look at the pictures like the rest of you, which is sort of why I've been holding off on making a big deal over it. I'm very happy about the gift, just frustrated that I can't use it right now!

So at Lightnin's request I give you my new 105th anniversary edition of the Harley-Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra Glide:
She's a beauty!
I'm not sure which side is her best side!
Baby got back, nice rack too!
Not bad from the front end either!


I think it was nice of HD to come out with a special edition bike for our 25th year together!!!!
The pipes are custom, and are a bit louder than stock, but I (we) also have the stock pipes. They tried to fire it up for me to hear the other day, but over the cell phones it really just didn't work!
I can't wait to get home to ride her. I think Lightnin and I are going to go shopping for some matching leathers when she comes over here. and then for matching helmets when I get back over there!
I think she did a pretty good job picking out a gift, now my job's cut out for me!
Hmmmm, maybe something like pearls, or silk.
Well I'll be working on that for awhile, technically I have until September when our actual wedding anniversary comes around, but I'm open for suggestions! ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thunder-
hmmm? what do I want for our anniversary....the phrase "all the tea in blah, blah, blah" is echoing in my head, LOL! But honestly, our place in Florida is really enough. However, if you'd insist on jewerly I wouldn't complain!
Love,
Lightnin

Anonymous said...

nice bike thunder i cant waight to ride together.perhaps to lodge!!!im quit sure it is safe where it is untill then.congrats on the 25 milstone. we'll talk soon

Anonymous said...

Lil B,
I am jealous now! It's a real beauty. You know that I can truly relate to your wanting to get on it right now. Lightnin, that was a real class act, good taste with the aniversary edition. that's pretty cool. For you Lil B, stick with your plan on getting in back in shape while your'e there. I think that a "healthy and fit" you would mean more to Lightnin than anything you could buy. But, do get her something she can show off when she gets back.
Proud to be your,
Bro J

Thunder said...

Lightnin - I'm sure I'll figure out something.

STEB - Thanks for being there while I'm not!

Brother J - She's one of a kind!