Thursday, April 03, 2008

Yes it's a Sunset Post, Again!

I'm betting some, OK probably most, of you are getting tired of my photos of the sunset. Well that's just too bad because I just can't stop myself from watching the fiery orb sink into the west any time I get the chance.

I'm not sure why I have this sudden fascination with it, other than the obvious beauty. It could possibly be that it's sort of a validation that I made it through another day. Or maybe it's because I'm pondering the fact that as I see it setting you folks in the US Eastern time zone are seeing it rising.


It could even be that it provides me with a source of meditation, a time for self reflection when I go deep inside myself and the rest of the world just stands still.


Possibly it's all of the above; or then again it could simply be because of the pretty colors!!! ;-)


Check these out;


Sort of a standard scene for me of a clear evening


I think this was the best view so far showing the mountians in the distance


Tomorrow I go to "The Wall"! Can you tell I'm excited?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you take alot of pictures as the wall maby one of the sun set. S T E B

Anonymous said...

Have a good Qing Ming day at the wall. Don't know if you get any B-Ball on tv overthere, but KU made it to the final four. All 4 teams are #1 seated in thier divisions. You might put in a good word for them, maybe the spirits are stronger over there. Talk at ya later.
Brother J

R.Powers said...

Will Pink Floyd be there?

Anonymous said...

I think I've got this thing up & running here at home, thanks to STEB. Will check in the morning to see if you replied?
Night,
Lightnin

Thunder said...

STEB - Sorry but we were in the taxi by the time the sun went down and it was at the wrong angle for me to get, but after being there I'm sure it would be spectacular!

Brother J - I may get to see the Saturday night games tomorrow morning (Sunday BJ time). but I'll be at work or asleep when they play on Sunday (your time).

FC - You're definitely twisted!
;-)

Lightnin - Looks like you've got it going!