Thursday, May 08, 2008

Traffic

I think I mentioned earlier that I'm now working from home on Friday's, well if I didn't I'm mentioning it now!







Here's the view from my apartment of typical Friday morning traffic. That's the direction I would need to go.









The traffic is really bad on Monday's and Friday's, so I decided to do my part to try to reduce that by not taking the 2 hr trek into work that day. That's right, it can take as long as 2 hrs to get to and from work on Monday's and Friday's, and Wednesday is starting to get that bad too. I guess it's just a preview for the Olympics coming in August.



Oh, by the way a friend of mine over here scored some tickets to several events, one of which is the 10,000meter men's finals, and he's offered up one of them to me! This is simply incredible because you see I used to run track and cross-country, and the 10k was one of my races. I had always hoped to get to the Olympics one day, well at least I'll get to be a spectator! ;-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe-
Seeing the photos makes me homesick for you and being there again! How soon can I come back? I've passed your blog onto some people here at work so that they can share in the great photos! Miss you!
Me

Thunder said...

Lightnin - I miss you too, pack your bags and come on over! Did you notice the photo I placed on the blog header?

Anonymous said...

blah, blah, blah... Oh, isn't it sweet how the love birds talk to each other. Isn't that special.

Just kidding. I'm talking to Lightnin as I write. She's trying to teach me how to work this technology thingy.

LDC

Anonymous said...

Lightnin wanted me to ask you if you have any Bailey's and if you've seen Greg lately.

She didn't really, but I just wanted to give you some trouble. I've missed the two of you! She and I spent the last two hours laughing on the phone. So I just thought I should spread the good cheer with you as well!

LDC

Thunder said...

LDC - "Do ya luv me?" Thanks for the laugh, and tell Mark that I laugh out loud every time I see it!

R.Powers said...

Catching up ...
I tried to comment yesterday, but you must have been "shields up" as I was repelled.

Great that you squeezed out some extra time with your main squeeze.

Thunder said...

FC - It was a nice twist of fate! I'm not sure what's going on with the blog, but you'r not the first one to have issues trying to reply!