Monday, May 26, 2008

More Photos from Brussels

Sorry folks, but I've been tied up these past couple of weeks with presentations to my upper management. I've got to justify why they brought me over here in the first place! ;-)

That being said, I'm back and should be able to get back on track. I just wanted to share a couple of more photos from our recent trip to Brussels, and then I'll get back to reporting on my life in Beijing.



Here's a couple of shots of the sunset outside of our hotel window.






















The riot police came pulling up while I was out picking up dinner for us. There was a big inter-Belgium rival football (soccer) match that was going on that day and a riot started afterward. I was able to capture these photos of the squad in action as they headed down into the subway to squelch the hooligan's activities!

There were probably about 10 of these trucks that pulled up and the police emptied out of them and were down into the subway in a flash!
We're definitely heading into summer here know. Since I've returned from our trip the daily high temperature has been rising about 4 degrees F each day. We should begin to get up into the 100's F in June and Will most likely stay around that high until after August. I'm fine with that because I'd rather have summer time than winter time any day!

One more thing: Uncle "E" I hope you get to feeling better! I know you'll see this, even if you don't respond!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It really was fun! You know it's my favorite place in the world! Talk to you later,
Lightnin

Anonymous said...

Hi ThunderDave,

Thanks for the photo! We had a great time in Brussels as well :-)

Hope we will meet someday again (@ Leeroys...)

Love,
'Americana' from Amsterdam

Thunder said...

Lightnin - I know it is, that's why I try to get you back there whenever I can!

Amerikana - Hey, glad you stopped by to visit! It was nice meeting you. I hope you come back to check out the blog from time to time.