Saturday, May 03, 2008

Gloomy Day in Beijing

Yes it was a gloomy day here in Beijing! Not just because it was raining all day, but because Lightnin boarded her plane back to the US about an hour ago. Actually that's what made this a bit of a depressing day and not the rain at all.





Her bags are packed and she's ready to leave!















The rain is welcomed because this city is so pretty after a good rain. There is so much construction going on that there is dirt/dust that builds up on the sidewalks and on the sides of the buildings, but after a good rain it's all washed away and the city shines.





I'm bumming though because Lightnin just left after a great 2 week visit here. However my gloomy mood won't last too long because I'll meet up with her again in just a couple of weeks. I'll be traveling to Brussels on business and she's going to join me over there!
Also, I'm meeting up with a few of my friends over here in a little while to drink a few beers and shoot the breeze. That should help to take my mind off of it for a little while anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sad blog.sad picture of packed bags (have seen that too many times)!almost gets my eyes to tear when i hear a husband writing about feeling incomplete without his wife.Stay strong.RBP

Thunder said...

RBP - Thanks, but there's more!