Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hanau-Steinheim and Marienkirche



The weather held out long enough for Dude and I to take a little walk around Alten Steinheim (Old Steinheim). It's a wonderful little town that is nice to walk around. I've blogged about the Schloss Steinheim (Steinheim Castle) previously, but I don't think that I've blogged photos of the old church, Marienkirche.




One of the interesting things about this church is that it was pretty much destroyed during WWII, but was reconstructed after the war using the remaining stones from the rubble. That is also true of most of this town itself, as is the same for many cities and towns around Europe.

I also found the below picture interesting. This add was actually being displayed on the side of the church! I'm pretty sure it doesn't really need a translation.














More posts from Germany, and elsewhere coming soon.

No comments: