Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Greetings von Deutschland (again)


I'm pretty sure I've used this title before, I guess I should go back and check my old posts every now and then to see if anyone has read them and responded lately. The problem is that I seem to always get tied up and don't get around to doing this as often as I like. I need to correct that issue!

Anyway where was I, oh yeah, I'm over her in Germany once again. I decided to take a few days off to visit my son before I head to work in Brussels, Belgium and Newcastle, England.

Not much to say, but wanted to share a new photo. Yes he really is that much taller than me now! The photo was taken in front of Eppstein Schloss (castle), we were near there in a small town (Lohrsbach) visiting some friends that we met when we were in Lima, OH (small world!).

It's been rainy over here, typical for this time of year, but it has been a bit warmer than at home (40-50F). The wind and moisture in the air do make it feel a bit cooler though!

Well, hopefully I'll have more to post later. We're planning to spend the day wondering around Old Hanau-Steinheim today in search of my wife's favorite wine!

Bis spater, tschues! ('til later, bye!)

5 comments:

Lightnin said...

Welche nette schauende Männer. Daß childs Mutter schön ist! Und der Ehemann ein sehr glücklicher Mann zum Haben solch eine schöne Frau! Lieben Sie Sie beide!

Thunder said...

Das erste war recht. Die Mutter von das kind ist schoen, aber Sie ist glueklich fuer so ein mann zum heiraten! Das letzte war Ich liebe Sie beiden!

Take that to your free translation site! ;-)

R.Powers said...

Berlin. Gott. Nein. Apful. Schnitzel. Bier.

Three can play at the language show off game.

...oh yeah, Hamburg. Autobahn. Volkswagen.

Anonymous said...

Guten Morgen Donner und Blitz'n:
Wie geht es Ihnen? Auch gut !
Ich spreche nicht sehr gut Deutch.
Sprechen Sie Englisch?

Auf Wiedersehen.

Lieben sie beide,Vater und Schwiegervater (ggl)
Excuse my German!!!!

Thunder said...

FC - Too funny! The rough translation of what I said on you post about the Tatoo was "that last one is what Gnerve (aka Dude)said. I'm afraid you'll need to use babbelfish (sp?)or some other free tanslation service off of the web to help you with my conversation with Lightnin!

GGL - I was wondering if you were going to join in or not! Being over here for this long has helped me with my language skills! ;-)