Friday, March 23, 2007

1st Official Hops Update of 2007

Just a short update since Spring officially arrived at 8:07PM Tuesday night. The average daily air temperature is finally on the rise, but unfortunately the ground temperature has not made a significant enough increase to signal the sprouting of the hops. So I'll let them sleep awhile longer and just keep checking on them. I do need to clear away last years growth though, and will try to get that done this weekend.

Speaking of clearing away last year's growth: With the coming of Spring I removed my personal Winter foliage and am trimmed back down to my minimal Summer facial hair. I've also prepared a selection of hats to protect my noggen from the sun while tending to the hops!

More updates to come!

2 comments:

R.Powers said...

Just catching up. It does feel good to lose the winter coat.

I hope your hops are successful.

Thunder said...

I think they will be. I'm going to try to get another update out, they were already a foot tall on Sunday.