Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Largest Loaf of Bread I have Ever Seen!

Well what do you know? Blogger is finally letting me add photos to a new post at least. It's still not letting me edit my existing posts by adding photos. I may need to try something in a little bit. Anyway, back to this post!

My host Edgar, had to travel to Nuremburg on business while I was visiting. We weren't expecting him home until late, but he pulled into the drive while "Dude" and I were cooking dinner. In walks Edgar carrying this huge loaf of bread and a rather impressive hunk of cheese! I didn't think to get a shot of the cheese, but this was too big to not share with everyone!












The loaf is sitting on a full size cutting board, and the coffee cup sitting next to it is also a standard size cup. The loaf easily measured 18" across the diameter, and if you can read the scale above, it weighed in at 3.19Kg. That's nearly 7lbs! I think we shoud have called the folks at Guiness! (no, not the beer, although....)

No comments: