Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my Dad's 81st birthday so I thought I'd share a couple of pictures in honor of that!

Three generations pictured here on a trip to Germany, and I don't think the country was prepared for that!

This was a photo after we had cleared weeds and treated the fence on the future Florida homestead.









Here are the top ten things that my father has given me:
10)My orneriness
9)My hair line; which is thought to come from your Mother, but if you've seen my Dad and I together then you be the judge!
8)My fascination with open wheeled racing, old cars, and motorcycles
7)Grilling abilities
6)Cooking talents in general
5)Camp fires and fire places in winter
4)My work ethic
3)Sailing
2)My head is for locating sharp objects such as car hoods, cabinet corners, shelves, etc.
and the #1 thing my father has given me - The ability to drive a car from coast to coast stopping only for gas! ;-)

Happy Birthday Dad!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thunder-
You left out the way your Dad has taught you by example how to treat a woman! Happy Birthday to your dad!
Lightnin

R.Powers said...

Happy Birthday to him!

Thunder said...

Lightnin - Yep, but that's because I was trying to stay on the humorous side! ;-)

FC - Thanks, I'm sure he appreciates it!

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see Chris´ getting bold, then I dont have to worry ever seeing a picture with hair like that again...lol

Happy birthday, granpa. I hope it wont be too long til we meet. You sound on the phone just like you look like on the pics.
Enjoy your special day!

RBP

Thunder said...

RBP - Plus it only takes us about 5 minutes to get ready to go somewhere! ;-)