Monday, August 17, 2009

Schwaben Tag 2009

Yesterday was Schwaben Tag (Donauschwaben Day) so we decided to meet up with some friends and go over to Verein der Donauschwaben to enjoy the festivities.

There was singing, dancing, music, food, and drink. We got to see some old friends and had a fun afternoon despite the rather oppressive heat (Summer finally decided to show up here this past week so we haven't had any adjustment period).

Posing with Lightnin is our good friend Nick who sponsored me/us joining the Donauschwaben



One of the more manly dances being performed by the Schuplatler's


A good group of friends (you can't see it, but the shirt I'm wearing is from Hanau, Germany so technically I am dressed for the occasion)
;-)








This was the second event in the Cincinnati German festival season. The next will be Germania Oktoberfest later this month. (I know, I know Oktoberfest in August?)

No comments: