Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Day at the Beach

We were fortunate enough to have a company off-site meeting at a place called Nai Dai He. The first nightt was a bit of entertainment followed the next day with meetings, but hey it was still at the beach!
We had a nice 4 hour bus ride to get there, and it took several hours later for me to get the feeling back in my feet. The day and 1/2 that we were there the weather was uncharacteristically cold, windy, and foggy, as you can tell by the following photos.



The view from the hotel room



























A few shots of the fishing boats, probably catching our dinner





















The view a bit closer to the waves

















At the end of the day yesterday we boarded the buses for the log trip back to "The Jing". It was raining when we got back, and we were all pretty tired. I lugged my overstuffed backpack up to the apartment, unpacked, ate a light snack and hit the bed pretty much worn out from the trip.

All in all it was a pretty good experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take any day at the beach over a good day in the city any time. Have fun on your two weeks in M-ville. Later Dude.
Bro J

Anonymous said...

ahh the smell of the sea,I think i need another trip to paradise :-) not time to go back to work :~( S T E B

Thunder said...

Bro J - Yea man, but it was cruel and unusual punishment to have me so close to the waves and be in meetings all day long! ;-) BTW the Maylay trip was cancelled. :-(

STEB - I hear ya! You know what they say, once you get the sand in your shoes.....