Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weekend Update #3

Let's start with Friday on this one!

Friday at work: This past Friday had to be one of the best days at work that I have had since before I moved to China! Sorry I can't be any more detailed than that here, but let's just leave it as one for the record books!
This only got better when I received a call from our builder, which leads to the next subject!

The Home: The builder called on Friday evening and let me know that he was able to be there when they did the geological survey of our property. The expert's recommendation is to start building!!!! The sink hole thingy, in their opinion, is an anomaly caused by heavy rains due to a small crack in the lime rock shelf that they couldn't even see on the Ground penetrating radar. the shelf itself runs across the entire property about 20ft down. They see no threat to the site that we chose to build on! The builder is going to line up the mason's to start working on the foundation and the clock has started, Hooray!!!

Harley and Me: The heat this past weekend was pretty stifling so we didn't put in too many miles. What we did do was meet up with our friends and rode to a place called Charlie's Throttle Stop for lunch. I had the opportunity to try the "Sweet Southern Burger" which is a cheese burger using a sliced "Crispy Creme" donut as the bun! It's totally wrong for you , but oh so tasty!

Chillin' with Lightnin': Sunday was spent inside with AC just chillin' and doing laundry to get ready for the week ahead.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it when you have good days at work! I also loved this weekend...wanna do it again this weekend? (Minus the cheeseburger, unless you want me to win, then you can have them ALL the time)
Love ya,
Lightnin

Thunder said...

Lightnin - We'll just have to wait and see what the weekend brings!

R.Powers said...

Great news on the homesite!

Thunder said...

FC - Yes it is! It shouldn't be too long now!

Anonymous said...

mom just told me im so happy for you guys and it shouldnt take that long right? well im sure we will talk this weekend mom has my new number. i love you guys and will talk to you later.

Thunder said...

SPC Dude (I'm assuming) - It should take between 6 and 9 months!
Breaking ground in about 2 weeks!!!!