Monday, February 16, 2009

Traffic, Sunset, and the Best Fish in Beijing!

Well with the end of the years biggest festival(s) traffic in the city is back to normal, OK normal for Beijing that is. Here's a couple of shots from the balcony of weekend traffic:



Yes of course I had to share another couple of shots of the sunset. the shots are not the best but they are significant because as you can see the sun is just now becoming visible from the balcony which is the mark of the returning of spring!


One of our friends has returned to Beijing from her home town and we had dinner with her last night at my favorite grilled fish restaurant. We had good food, good conversation and some fun comparing the size of my hands to hers!




The weather turned winter cold again yesterday, but I know that spring is just around the corner now. I just hope it warms up a bit more and I can get some good shots of pre-spring Beijing before I have to leave.


As of today it's 23days and a wake-up!

4 comments:

Carina said...

My hands is so big!!!

Thunder said...

Carina - Pretty funny isn't it!

Anonymous said...

That hand is so tiny!!! Too cute. I'm glad you got the picture of the crazy traffic. I've copied and pasted it in e-mails so everyone can see why I thought we were gonna die in the cab! Thanks again so very much for being awesome hosts and showing us around Beijing!

Taco :)

Thunder said...

Taco - It was a lot of fun having you guys over here! Just a few weeks to go and we'll be back home!