Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sun Rising as the Moon Sets


I guess you know by now that I have been infatuated with the sunrises and sunsets since I came over here, but some of them are just so breathtaking that you have to stop what you're doing, take a look, and hopefully remember to grab the camera and take a photo.

The shot above was taken at about 6:30AM this morning as I stepped out onto the balcony to do a quick temperature check to determine the necessary outer wear for today. You can see the reflection of light from the rising sun against the new Westin hotel, in the distance, while the moon is still clearly visible.

This week we have warmed up into the 60's during the day and hopefully we're on our way to an early spring. It's at least encouraging to be able to see the sun both on the way to work and on the way home again! That is unless it's a "Cloudy" day! ;-)

2 comments:

JT said...

Great shot!

Thunder said...

JT - Thanks! The sun is moving back towards the north now so I should be able to get a few more sunset photos before I have to leave!