Thursday, December 20, 2007

What Day and Time is it?

This is a beautiful structure that is inside the hotel (of course not too far from the bar). The one thing I've noticed is that there are very extravagant looking designs like this everywhere you go. The the city is a wonderful mix of modern and ancient style.

I had just a moment between meetings so I thought I'd try to get a quick post in.

One of the issues that I have been dealing with this week is that good old internal clock! It was only made worse because of my brief stop in Europe before coming on over here. It's now Noon on Thursday here, but it is only 11PM on Wednesday back home. My body doesn't know what is going on at the moment, and this is only made worse because we have been coming into work before the sun comes up and not leaving until after the sun has gone down. It makes it much easier to fool your internal clock is you can get out into the sunshine, even if only for a few minutes, because your brain will help to convince your body that you are following your natural rhythm, but without that it becomes a constant struggle to stay awake in the afternoon and then to stay asleep at night.

If you've ever seen the movie "Lost in Translation" then you will have seen what I am experiencing at the moment, but hopefully with a bit more restraint than that of Bill Murray's character! ;-)

Hopefully I'll be able to complete work early today and get outside while I can still see the sun, and then also provide a few more photos of this amazing city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool photo, honey...can't wait to see of them! See you tomorrow or is that already today to you?
Love,
Me

Thunder said...

Well, I'm sorry to report that the photos I was able to get weren't that impressive, but I'll share them anyway!

Right now it's morning here and evening there, but at the time I posted I think it was the opposite.

It get's kind of hard to tell when you don't see the sun! ;-)