Monday, December 17, 2007

Au Revior to Bruxelles

On Friday night I was able to get down to the Grande Platz to take a few shots of the area all lit up for Christmas. It was absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure that the photos won't truly do it justice.
Then on Saturday I was able to stop by "Leroy's" to have one last Kriek (cherry Lambec) before I had to leave to catch my plane. Brussels has always been, and always will be, one of my favorite cities in the world. The diversity of culture is beyond compare, I'm glad I've had the opportunity to experience it.
Here's a few of the photos:
The tower of records:
They were playing classical music on the GP and the lights changed color and brightness, well choreographed with the music.



















Christmas trees on the Grande Platz, by night and day




My Kriek, nothing like a glass of "cherry juice" to start off the day




The view from the upper floor of LeRoy de Espagne ("Leroy's") overlooking the Grand Platz. It was cold, but sunny the day I left.




Onward to Beijing, and the People's Republic of China!

No comments: