Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I hate Winter

Those of you that know me already know that I absolutely hate winter! Well, I'll let the rest of you in on the secret as to why:

1st - Cold! If you need to double your body weight in clothing to stay warm to get from the house to the car, and back, you live too far north!

2nd - Snow/Ice! You scrape the windshield to go to work, you scrape the windshield to go to lunch, you scrape the windshield to go back home!

3rd - Windshield Wipers! Oh yeah, you can knock all the ice and snow off of them while your still in the parking lot, but as soon as you get on the interstate they freeze up (but of course only on the driver's side) and you're forced to lean over at a 45 degree angle to see.

4th - People! It snowed this time last year, and the year before, and I'm going to make a wild guess here: It's proabaly going to snow again next year too! If you can't drive in this, then don't! Stay home with the kids, after all the schools are closed. I'd say that they should pass a law that one of your vehicles must be a 4-wheel drive, except for the idiots that think that 4-wheel drive means that they can still drive 70mph. Oh, you forgot about how to stop that thing huh!

5th - Scraping the windshield! I know I already mentioned this one, but I hate it the worst, so it's my list and I'll list it more than once if I feel like it! ;-)

Just so that you know why this post hit me, it snowed 7 inches in 6 hours yesterday. It took me 3 hours to get home, where on a good day it should take 30 minutes! I came in at my normal time this morning and was only driving 45mph at the fastest, and it only took me 30 minutes to get in (of course that's because most people took my advice on #4 above and stayed home, so there wasn't any traffic).

A few years back when we got hit with one of these storms, I sort of snapped and started loading the car to head for Florida. I had fully planned on quitting my job, and moving, and then looking for work down south. Ever since then if it snows Lightnin won't let me near I-75 with a full tank of gas, without her!

Ha, she's staying home today, and I filled up the tank on the SUV on my way in. Hmmm, I know a place to get a great cheeseburger in Ocala! I could be there by dinner time!

4 comments:

R.Powers said...

Having sand in your shoes just makes it worse I suppose.

It's a law of nature that any blemish, dirt, fog, ice, or sticky bug on the windshield will be directly in the center of the drivers side.

Thunder said...

Yeah man, both are true!

Anonymous said...

Saw on the news today that they had over 70 inches of snow in New York State. Hope the 70 inches there compared to your 7 inches makes you feel a little better about winter.

Thunder said...

GGL,

Well it does help to solve the mystery of why I don't live in New York! ;-)