Wednesday, January 03, 2007

So the New Year Begins!

Well here it is January 2, 2007, a new year with hopes of improvement over the past one. I've made one single resolution for this year, and I really hope that I can stick to it, that is to spend less time in the hospital! ;-)

This past year ended a little rough for us and I'd just rather not see a repeat, if there's anything I can do about it. My insides have been repaired and seem to be healing rather nicely. I'm trying to exercise as much as I can. This of course is limited to walking for the next few months until all of the incisions, inside and out, have completely healed. But enough about that, this is a past year's issue and enough said.

I'm looking forward to getting back home to KC to see my grandson. That trip will be happening around mid February. We don't get back there often enough, nor do they come to see us as often as we would like. This unfortunately is an issue created by limited funds and work vs vacation scheduling. I do see an end to some of this in the near future (say around 7-9 years from now). So we'll deal with it as it is for now.

I'm also looking forward to some new responsibilities at work. During my off time in December I received a promotion, one that myself and several others felt was well over due, however it did finally come! So along with this comes some additional responsibility, and eventually some more $$$, but I'm up to the challenge. Hopefully it will mean a bit more travel to Europe during the new year, but we'll just have to wait to see what happens.

So far the start of winter here has been very mild with temperatures about 10-15 degrees above normal. Hopefully it will last a bit longer, but I fear that we'll pay for this during the end of January and on into February/March.

I really didn't have anything else to add at this point so I'll just end with a note to all who happen to stop by and read this: I hope the new year will find you, your family, and your friends happy, healthy, and prosperous throughout 2007.

Ein Prosit der Gemütlichkeit

3 comments:

R.Powers said...

Hey just take care of yourself and heal up.
Hope to see you this summer!

Anonymous said...

Having been through a somewhat similar 2006, I wish you well and share your sentiment about looking forward to a better 2007!

Thunder said...

Hey guy's thanks for the kind thoughts and well wishes!

I'm doing much better now, and continue to get stronger each day. It's actually kind of freaky how my body seems to heal when I'm sleeping, so when I wake up the next day I feel so much better than the day before.