Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I still Hate Winter

Well, here we are a week later and wouldn't you know it we get another storm. This time Snow followed by Ice and then Freezing Rain. The Freezing Rain is supposed to last most of the day, with a total accumulation of around 6 inches.

This time I was prepared. I copied over files to work on, and finally was able to get linked into my work intranet from home. I've been able to connect from every country that I've traveled to, but have never been able to connect from my house just 30min away. Well, that changed and I'm working from home today!

I thought I'd share a couple of photos of this experience. The first demonstrates the advantages of working from home: I'm still in my PJs and will shower during my lunch break, which is coming up very soon!














The second is why I'm working from home. You may not be able to see it, but the driveway was shoveled to remove the snow (Thanks to Lightnin! I still can't lift anything for another couple of months so she's taken on these type of duties). but there is now a layer of ice about 1/2" thick!

If you read my last post you know that it took me 3 hours to get home from work, just because of a little snow. Just think what traffic would be like today! I'll work from home thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lightnin, you did a great job on cleaning the ice and snow off of the driveway ! ! ! ! Thunder, Now that your blog from today is only showing up once you should now only hate winter ½ as much. Enjoy the winter working at home.

R.Powers said...

Good job Lightnin.
Put your back into it matey!