Friday, May 12, 2006

Travelin' Man

Well, I'm off on another adventure! This time I'll be traveling to Brussels, Belgium, and then from there over to Frankfurt, Germany.

Brussels is considered the capital of Europe. It's the home of NATO and the European Union. It's probably the most diverse city I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. By that I mean that if you walk through the city for no more than 10 to 15 minutes you will likely have seen some one from nearly every country in the world. It will be a short visit this time though, only a couple of days.

Then it's on to Frankfurt. Frankfurt is the commerce center for Germany, their "Wall Street". It also holds the "high fashion" center for them as well. You know Gucci, Armani, etc., yeah I know, but it is worth mentioning! Besides you wouldn't believe the cars you see lining the streets in that area. Not just Mercedes, they're common over there, I'm talking about Lotus, Ferarri, Bentley, and Rolls! That's why I don't mind walking around. I finally get to see in real life cars that I have only dreamed about since I was a young man!

And here's the best part! This is also where I'll meet up with my son (who lives near there), my wife (who will meet me there), and my parents (traveling to Europe for the first time)! Sometimes this work-life balance thing does work out! It's also going to be fun to see our host's Edgar, Marina, and Sabrina. I'm sure that we'll get in a game of ein Mal before we get out of there! (I'll try to explain this in an upcoming post, and hopefully will get the spelling correct).

Well, I just wanted to give you a little teaser before I leave. I'll try to post photos and stories as I go along, so you can sort of travel with me. It should be fast and fun!

I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

Lightnin said...

Thunder-
I'll miss you the few days that you are gone without me, but look forward to seeing you in Frankfurt!

Anonymous said...

Send me a postcard!