Monday, January 09, 2012

Which Way Do We Go?

So Saturday morning after breakfast we thought we might get the bike out and head over to Cedar Key. We've shown excellent restraint so far, being here for an entire week and not going over there, so we thought it was time.

We ran into a few new friends who had mentioned another possible destination for us: "Scooter Haven". So we thought about it and decided: "Hey we can go to Cedar Key anytime, why not give it a try", so we did.

It's a pretty nice campground/biker hangout, located just north of Inglis, and I mean just north!




First impression












Nice decorations









The temporary jail, if you get out of hand










The clubhouse














So then yesterday we thought we'd get the little car out and finally did head over to Cedar key. The weather was fantatic, mid 70's (F) and plenty of sun. We grabbed lunch of fried oysters, boiled shrimp, and steamed clams all good stuff! Then we walked around the shops for a awhile and then took a little sceneic drive around the island before heading back to the woods.



The tide was in, usually I just get to see the bare mud flats.











Lunch!











Sunning like a gator on the river bank to get my batteries recharged.









I could get used to this!

4 comments:

R.Powers said...

Looks like fun!

Thunder said...

I think you need to join me on one of these rides! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Keep rubbing it in, we are still happy for you ;-)

RBP

Love, Netter XoX said...

I CAN'T wait to eat the VERY same lunch in just 2 weeks with you & my girlfriend!!!!! You are so RIGHT me & wricky weeroy will LOVE this place!