Saturday, April 09, 2011

Finally Some Warm Weather!

Last time I mentioned that I got a new camera, well here's what the little thing looks like:

This is it next to my wallet (for scale). Don't get too excited the only thing in that wallet is cobwebs right now! ;-) This was taken with my old camera.


This is my old camera, taken with my new camera


Here they are in a side-by-side comparison











The old camera is a Cannon Power Shot A560 which takes great pics and I thought at the time that it was really compact. It's capabilities are 7.1 mega pixels with a 4x optical zoom. The new camera is a Samsung SL-50 with 10.2 mega pixels and 5x optical zoom. it's amazing how much difference a few mega pixels makes!

So the weather has finally changed here and in between the rain storms we're getting sunshine and 70-80F temps, YEA!!!!!!

We got the bike out and met up with a couple of our friends to blow some of the dust out.

Here's a shot of our two bikes. Check out the clarity in this picture, that's the power of the mega pixel!

Here's an action shot from Lightnin using the helmet cam technique.











It was beautiful weather and this weekend could be even better.
The bummer is that my bike is in the shop, but not for anything bad, it was time for the 15,000 mile check-up. If you recall, this bike is only 3 years old and the first year I wasn't even in town to ride it, so that means I've logged 15,000 miles on it in just 2 years!

So with the weather great and the bike in the shop it looks like I'll be spending my time getting the lawn implements up and running for the new season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics I remember when your bike came home and it still looks just as nice when now. Tell lighten hello for me and ryan. hope to see you guy,s some time this summer. love always smoken

R.Powers said...

New camera! Yippeee!

Thunder said...

Smokin - Hey good to hear from you!

FC - Yes indeed, and I'm just getting started with it!

Anonymous said...

Thunder- Just thought I'd add for your followers that your wallet is also as thin as your new camera! LOL! Thanks for a great dinner and many laughs last night!
LYM