Saturday, April 23, 2011

Our Cabin in the Woods, or is This Paradise?

I left the rain soaked (understatement!) southern Ohio region a couple of days ago to come back down to the wilds of Florida to make some final adjustments and decisions to the design before the final stages of construction begin.

The weather could not have cooperated any better! The temps have been in the upper 60's to lower 70's in the mornings and reaching upper 80's to lower 90's in the heat of the day, but with amazingly low humidity so it's very comfortable (temperatures are reported in degrees F for my international followers). This combined with clear blue skies has made the short visit exactly what the doctor ordered!

So with the first 2 days here spent getting the business completed I was able to spend a fun and relaxing evening with my buddy FC enjoying some good music and a couple of cold malted beverages near the gulf, again just what the doctor ordered.

My other good friend Mrs. FC has been very busy preparing for a huge catering job that is taking place today and since I really didn't have any plans, and they could really use the help, I'll be spending my last day here helping with the affair. It should be a fun time, even if it proves to be hard work, and I get a chance to check out some of the indigenous species that I would not normally have a chance to observe.

OK enough of the idle chit-chat I know you're wanting to see what I came down here to do!

So are you ready kids?

I can't hear you!

Whoooooooooooo Lives in a.......... Just kidding! Here's the latest pictures, but take a deep breath because it will likely leave you breathless, it did me!




Definitely Paradise!



We have interior walls


Lightnin's Tree


The side view, Love that deck!













It's been a short and busy trip, but we're in the home stretch now (pun intended)!
I'll be home soon Lightnin!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH! I LOVE IT! And you too Thunder! You are the GREATEST! Our dream is almost complete! When we get our things moved in the Dream will become Reality and then we can settle in to and enjoy the rest of our lives together! Thank you so much for all the hard work you've put into making our dream come true!
LYM

Pablo said...

Beautiful!

When do you move in?

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful and I know you guy's waiting a long time and tami for her tree. enjoy and send many pics. Smokin

LibraryGirl62 said...

Over from Pure Florida and I am in AWE! Your place is spectacular! almost awesome enough to make a beach girl want a little cabin in the woods for herself :)

Thunder said...

Lightnin - It's getting there!

Pablo - Thanks, good to hear from you again! Not sure yet.

Smokin - Thanks we will!

LG - Thanks, and it's not too far from the beach! ;-)

roger said...

what a beauty of a house!

Anonymous said...

This looks fabulous. I am soooo happy for you guys.

Pablo said...

...and when's the open house?

Thunder said...

Roger - Thanks, good to hear from you.

Anon - Thanks!

Pablo - Not sure on that either, but I'll try to give you enough notice! ;-)

LaDivaCucina said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. I can smell the wood, divine! Good luck with it all, including moving in and getting settled. Well done!

Thunder said...

LDC- Thanks!

amarkonmywall said...

Have long admired these cypress digs via FC's place- this is really beautiful, Dave. Love the interior shots. Congratulations on your great progress. Oh, and black (apron) becomes you guys.

Thunder said...

Amark - Thanks, and thanks for stopping by!