Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Kind Thoughts and Prayers are Appreciated

This is not a good week!
Just last night we were informed that my brother has suffered a head injury from a fall this past Sunday (US time) and is currently in ICU. He has been unresponsive for about the past 24 hours and they don't yet know the full extent of his injuries or the true cause of his dormant state!

Those of you that have known me for some time know that he and I do not exactly get along and that there has been some tension/friction between he and my wife and youngest son for quite some time. Well this is one of those times where you put those things aside.

On top of this I was also informed that one of my aunts and one of my cousins were also admitted to the hospital. My aunt for treatment of a heart attack, from which she appears to be recovering, and my cousin from lung disease with which he has suffered for years and full recovery is not exactly optimistic!

This is one of the frustrating things about having a foreign assignment. You cannot simply drop everything and hop in the car or on a jet and be there very quickly. With the new security measures the days of showing up to the airport and getting on a plane, without advanced ticket purchase is next to impossible! Don't get me wrong, I'd be in favor of even higher security if it truly helps make travel safer, but in times like this it can be a real pain!

So if you could take a few minutes of your time to think about these individuals and send any kind thoughts and/or prayers their way it would be very much appreciated!

10 comments:

Island Rider said...

Praying even now. For them and for peace for you as well.

Anonymous said...

We will say prayers for them and hope for a full recovery for them my prayers go out to you and if I can do anything please let me know I am here for the both of you. smokin

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for you and your family. Take care and know that all is in God's hands.

R.Powers said...

Sorry to hear that Dave. I hope it turns out well.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to here about your brother. And you’re other family members. There in my prayers and thoughts. peace be un too you and them S T E B

Anonymous said...

Dave, I'm so sorry to hear about John (and your aunt and cousin!) I hope everything turns out okay! We'll keep ALL of you in our prayers!

Love, LCD

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, this is Pius & fly - we are earnest praying for all in your family...take care

Thunder said...

All,

Thank you so much for you're thoughts and prayers! The last update I got was while we were in New York and that he is out of ICU and in a regular room now. They have taken him off of the ventilator and he is breathing on his own. Both of these are very encouraging.
It's hard for me to get in touch with them now that I'm back in Beijing because of the 14 hour time difference, but I will update as I can!

Anonymous said...

He is home, still sick, has blood clot now, on some serious meds, but better than a few days ago. We think. jaf

Anonymous said...

Aunt is home doing better. Cousin is doing better but is heading for a nursing home. jaf
Thanks for the prayers!