Monday, November 17, 2008

Kobe, Japan

Lightnin here....well we made it and it was an awesome trip! The airline we flew had a "dash cam" of sorts! Ever wondered what it looks like from the cockpit on a 767 during takeoff or landing? Well, we know now! All of the drop down TV screens played both the takeoff and the landing! It was really cool.

We landed in a place calle Kansai. Which to Thunder and I must surely translate in Japanese to "We're not in Kansas anymore". We took a shuttle ride, loooong shuttle ride to Rukko Island in Kobe. It was about a 55 minute ride on what we think must be the worlds longest bridge/overpass! When we finely arrived there was a sharp curve and the wall looked like it had been hit more times than the walls of Talledaga!

I went out for awhile to look for the best Bourbon in the world, but without success. I hope to have Thunder go with me one afternoon after he is finished with his classes, but so far it looks like I'll have to buy it here at the hotel. I will keep you posted for this has been my mission for two years. This particular bourbon is brewed in Kentucky but you can only purchase it here in Japan, as it is owned by a Japanese company. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

R.Powers said...

Good luck on your quest.

Anonymous said...

Love the photo...it does look like it says Kansas. Got to look at a map to see this island. Wiseman can sniff out bourbon like no other...lol. Good Luck! Merlyn

Anonymous said...

FC-Went out again just now, but still no luck! I won't give up!

Unc M-
If you look at a map it will be easier to find if I had spelled it correctly...Rokko Island!

Love,
Lightnin