Saturday, November 08, 2008

A Day At The Great Wall With The Boys




Friday we headed out about 9:30 am for the almost 2 hour ride to the Great Wall. We dropped the boys off at the beginning and we headed to the end.

Lightnin and I had a bit of lunch before we made our way up to the ending point. We figured it would take the kids about three hours since the last time I made the trek it took 3 hours and 20 minutes. Lightnin looked up and said "no way is my titanium leg gonna make this!" But I urged her on and we made it. It was now that I allowed myself one of the cold Tiger beers that I had packed.


Having walked the wall from Jinshanling to Simatai (10 K) twice, I felt it was okay to sit and wait for the kids this time.




To our amazement they showed up after a mere 2 hours and 15 minutes! As a reward for their efforts they took the zip line down instead of walking.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He told me how exhausted they were after that.
I love the pic of him and the old man(jk).
RBP

Anonymous said...

as always your pics are great Lightin we are so proud you made the hike up. Boys look like they were having a really nice time also. take care smokin

Rodney Surber said...

now thats what i call hanging around looks like fun .We had a zip line at the farm when i was a kid yours look a little bigger

Thunder said...

All - soeey we've been slow on response. We've had a few issues connecting to Blogger from the apartment, so I'm responding during my lunch break today!

RBP - We're sending him back to you today!

Smokin - Thanks, I thought it was a huge accomplishment for Lightnin too! It was great to be able to share that experience with all of them!

Rod - Too funny, you crack me up!

Thunder said...

OOPs mis type, that was supposed to be SORRY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Received your package! No pieces missing. Thank you very much!RBP