Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kobe, Japan From 30 Floors Up , and at Ground Level

As Lightnin let you know this week we're in Kobe, Japan because I'm on a business trip here, but I thought I'd at least share some photos that I was able to take while I was on a break and also after work!

This first set is from the meeting room, we're on the 30th floor of the Kobe Technical Center. What an awesome view! I don't think I'd get much work done if this was my office! ;-)





Lightnin wasn't feeling good after being exposed to some paint fumes during a shopping excursion earlier in the day, and I think also feeling a bit more culture shocked after just getting used to Beijing, China and then I drag her off to Japan. So I headed out to dinner on my own (It's my fault and I'll try to make it up to her)!

This next set of photos is of an awesome car that I saw on my way to dinner tonight(yes it's a Lotus). The owner was nice enough to let me grab a few shots before he headed home after a long day at work. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get his name, but he knew about my car and we had a good quick discussion on the comparison of the two vehicles(It's a guy thing!).




I went to dinner at a Spanish restaurant (yep, that's right) and then spotted a local place that I decided to stop at for a Sake and a beer. With the help of a few friendly locals (me being linguistically challenged) I think I figured out how to pay Lightnin back (of course I don't know how I'll ever be able to pay my new friends back, and being an idiot I didn't even get their names either, but they know who they are and hopefully they'll respond to this blog!) Doumo Origato!!!! (I hope I spelled that correctly!)

That's all I've got for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thunder. I being the shy person that I am might have asked for a ride. excellent pictures on all of your last three blogs. Crystal and I need to lock down a date for our trip abroad .I will keep you up dated on my current event later. Truly a nice blog S T E B