Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sunshine and Cheeseburgers

The weather was simply too nice to stay at home on Saturday, so I washed and waxed the car and we headed out to The Farm. The Farm is a not so little dive, out on Route 27. I used to pass this place whenever I took the back roads from here to Lima, Oh, and almost always said that I wouild stop in sometime to see what it was like.

Well here we are 4 years later and we have not only stopped by, but have sort of become regulars. They do have one of the best cheeseburgers in these parts, and that's what we were interested in on that day.



While we were there they received a phone call from another little joint up the road that The Farm was about to be over run by over 150 bikes as part of a charity ride. Of course 150 bikes translates into over 200 people!

When they started coming in it was an awesome sound bike, after bike, after bike until the place was packed!

With only Tom behind the bar and Kate in the kitchen a couple of veteran servers kicked into gear and helped out!

Oh not me, after all someone needed to take some pictures, I'm talking about one of the ex-bartender's and of course Lightnin. Tina, the ex-bartender kept repeating, as she served cold refreshments, "I don't work here anymore" and Lightnin pitched in running food out to tables.

So, like I said I went out to take a few pictures.



Bikes,













Bikes,















and more bikes!













They ate and quinched their thirsts, and then were gone as quickly as they had appeared!







We stuck around and talked for a bit longer and then we headed on our way back towards home too!

It was a beautiful day for a drive with the rag top down or a ride on a two wheeler!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOL looking little grey automobile parked in front of the Barn next to the red car.

R.Powers said...

Finally, I can comment. I tried several times today,but got the page not found message in the comment box.
Arrrghhh.

I think this is really cool the way you guys, well Lightnin, chipped in and helped.

Thunder said...

GGL - Yup, you spotted it! If you click on the photo you can also see the owner's of both cars admiring the vehicles.

FC - It's not that I didn't offer, it's just better that I stayed out of the way! ;-)